Think of something that you wish Authorware could do but it doesn't?
Let the our good friends at Macromedia know via the wishlist.
Please let us know if you find
any of the materials on this site inappropriate or offensive. Please include
the url and why the material should be reviewed.
Comments and questions about the site are also welcome. Please no Authorware
questions, use the AWARE
096 - Modern Business Wisdom
There are 0 reviews
The tribal wisdom of the Lakota Sioux, passed on from one generation to the
next, says that when you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best
strategy is to dismount.
But in modern business (and education and government), because heavy
investment factors are taken into consideration, other strategies are
often tried with dead horses, including the following:
1. Buying a stronger whip.
2. Changing riders.
3. Threatening the horse with termination.
4. Appointing a committee to study the horse.
5. Arranging to visit other sites to see how they ride dead horses.
6. Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.
7. Reclassifying the dead horse as "living-impaired."
8. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.
9. Harnessing several dead horses together to increase speed.
10. Providing additional funding and/or training to increase the dead
11. Doing a productivity study to see if lighter riders would improve the
dead horse's performance.
12. Declaring that the dead horse carries lower overhead and therefore
contributes more to the bottom line than some other horses.
13. Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all horses.
And, as a final strategy:
14. Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position.
Add your review